View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 09:04 AM   #22763
TheBlackHand
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TheBlackHand is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSlide77 View Post
I’ve been on this site for years and never once asked a question, so I hope No one will get mad. I’ve searched....

I bought some brick S13 Silvia headlights (with the rectangular bowls) but it didn’t come with any of the socket “seals” on the back. I don’t know where the hell to get them.

1- do I need these seals on both the smaller and larger socket holes? The smaller socket has this cup-like boot on it, but no seal underneath it.

2- do I NEED to buy those little plugs if I’m going H4 bulbs?

I just want it to work and be fairly watertight. Don’t care which bulbs I get, whatever works is fine with me. Those little bulb plug are expensive as hell and I’d rather avoid buying them if possible. Huge thanks
Do you mean the plastic rings that lock the rubber seals in or do you mean the rubber seals that keep dust & water out of the headlight?

1. If you mean the rubber seals for keeping out dust & water then yeah, you would want to have those unless you don't mind the inside of your headlights getting filthy.
If you mean the circle plastic rings that lock the seals in place then no, you can get away without using those. I've owned a pair of dual projectors & bricks that were missing these and it never caused any issues.

2. You mean the small wiring harness for both bulbs? Just buy H4 LED conversion bulbs which will plug straight into your factory harness. This would mean you'd have to make a harness for the H3C high beams though.
There's write ups here on how to wire the high beams/fog lights (for projector headlights) to your headlight up/down button in the cabin.
TheBlackHand is offline   Reply With Quote