View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 02:19 PM   #62
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
those are discontinued.
If you read my post again, you will see that I mentioned they are discontinued. 8)

All I was trying to state is that companies DID produce these at one point in time. Obviously it wouldn't make sense for them to continue to produce them for vehicles that are largely no longer on the road aside from enthusiasts who are restoring them. Companies like that are not in the business of restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Part of your assumption is that these companies actually own the rights to the mold, when in reality it is often contract work or approved OE aftermarket replacement fenders.

Many times, part of the contract stipulates that if it is discontinued, the factory no longer has rights to reproduce the fenders. Tooling is a very expensive part of OE parts manufacturing, and most of the auto makers rely on parts suppliers to absorb the cost of tooling so they can reduce their R&D costs.

And going back to a point I made earlier... it will not be $600 for new fenders. The more people believe that the more it won't happen.
I don't doubt that you are correct. I don't know anything about how these companies operate or how these items are produced, so I definitely don't pretend to.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote