Old 07-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #60
theboy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
theboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by silsx13 View Post
KA all the way!

I have been racing in SCCA Solo2 events for the past 10 years along with doing drift events as well AND I have stuck with the KA for all that time.

My KA went through its various stages of mods where it was just stock to bolt-ons to Full NA build and now where it sits currently as a fully built KA-T motor.

The SR has its merits but for the types of racing I do, cost vs return ratio, power & torque numbers, powerband delivery, etc. the KA has fit the bill totally.
You obviously have never driven or purchased an sr if this is how you feel. Stock ka vs stock sr, sr is the better choice. Stock ka with t25 or t28 vs stock sr, sr still is better. Built ka vs mildly built sr, sr still is the better decision. The amount you spend a ka-t could be spent on an sr swap. With a much better return on investment. Stock sr's can handle a hell of a lot more than a ka. Plus its lighter, plus the aftermarket is bigger, plus its a shit ton more reliable.

After having a stock ka24e, then a ka24de, then ka24det, then built ka24det. My mildly built sr (head work, valves, lifters, cams, 2871r) was the best decision i have ever made. I saved $1000's going the sr route.

Oh and yes i autoX and drift the car. I also run high speed time attack and door to door. And with an sr i lost enough points to drop me into a class the car is competitive in, and not a bunch of fully built lotus elise's.
theboy is offline   Reply With Quote