Thread: STL Riots
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #175
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
This. I can't believe some of these comments I'm reading right here about Tamir Rice's shooting. They really lead me to believe some of you guys HAVE not seen the video. Police were called to the scene looking for a 20 something waving a gun around. They pull up to a black 12 year old sitting quietly & drop him as soon as he stands up. The car hadn't even come to a complete stop. Zero attempt made to establish a defensive posture & ID the individual. Seriously, go watch the vid. I don't see how you can defend the cops here. Looks like a damn drive-by shooting.
We've all seen the video. Does it amaze you that people can draw different conclusions from the same set of facts?

How did the Police know his age? Because there was no description of age whatsoever in the 9-11 call. All that was described was a "guy" in at the park with gun, possibly a fake, brandishing it at people, in a camo hat, grey jacket with black sleeves. No mention of his age and it took the dispatcher 3 times before the caller would even identify the race of the "guy".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30214859

Now when the Cops show they observe him from afar and see him put the gun into his waist band in the dispatch recordings.

You're the one oblivious of the facts. Quietly sitting down..

You must have missed the part where he's walking around pointing it at the guy who called

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV8FZWMVxB0#t=71

He gets up @ 7:00
Walks around the table @ 7:02/7:03
Police car enters the frame @ 7:06
Police car stops at @ 7:09
The officer that shot him opens the door to exit @ 7:10
At that same time Tamir Rice reaches for the airsoft @ 7:10
Tamir Rice is shot @ 7:11
You can see the officer stumble on his ass and gets up @ 7:13

All of which is contrary to YOUR conclusion of the facts. Just in case you forgot what that was.

Quote:
They pull up to a black 12 year old sitting quietly & drop him as soon as he stands up.
Further, what does the motion of the car have to do with responding to the fact that he walks up to them reaching for his realistic looking airsoft gun?

Nothing.

It's so easy to play Monday morning quarterback. Hindsight is always 20/20 and everyone gets it right after the fact. Giving police the authority to use deadly force, expecting them to make 100% perfect judgment calls on every single incident and then faulting them for not being able to predict the future with 100% accuracy.

What if the situation turned out it was a real gun and the cops set up a defensive position and a civilian walks by again and finally gets shot?

What do you think the headlines would have been? I submit that it would be "Police failed to protect the public, a citizen is killed due to inaction and negligence".
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote