View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 06:45 PM   #141
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
To recap, I had the '89 Silvia Q's and the '96 Type X before I decided to get an S15. Since I was on a budget but valued a clean body more than anything, I opted for a SpecS in AJ4 w/B-Package interior. When my 180SX sold for my asking price, I offered to sell the SpecS to a friend that had recently taken an interest in cars. I sold it to him for exactly what I paid, and used that money and the 180SX money to get the SpecR.

We've been waiting for his parts to come in, and this week the last things showed up: the tires. His car is going to be simple since it will be his first lowered car and first venture into this 'car shit' in general. Here's what he has so far:

HKS Hipermax GTIV (bought used, saved more money than I did)
Cusco RUCA
215/45R17 Dunlop Direzza DZ101
17X9+22 Gram Lights 57CR (Gun Blue)

We essentially copy & pasted the same shit from my SpecR. With the exception of front camber plates, we knew this would all fit and get the car sitting right...so why bother changing the formula?

We decided to use the weekend before his tires arrived to get the suspension bits on. we dialed in the car and threw my OEM SpecR wheels on. He had purchased some 17x8+22 Buddy Club P1s to use while his Gram Lights were being produced but unfortunately they came with gigantic fucking snow tires so they wouldn't fit after the suspension install.

He knew I had purchased some BNIB S15 headlights and offered me the P1s in trade. When I got the SpecR it came with (clean) HID headlights so I no longer needed these BNIB ones...and to save myself from having to deal with the fucking morons in the marketplace, I agreed.

With the suspension somewhat evened out and the new headlights on, the car was looking like it rolled off the lot back in 2000. The OEM 'ducktail' is super underrated. I have one hanging around for my car. After seeing the side profile of his car lowered w/this wing I really want to get mine on...

Tires came in and we went to my local tire shop to get them mounted on the Gram Lights.

Got the wheels mounted, headed back to my house, and dialed in the suspension. We still need to roll his rear fenders, so when that's done I'll post the finished product.