View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 12:29 PM   #93
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
This build is cool - but why is it taking so long

I tt swapped my z in less than a month and rebuilt many items along the way, suspension/brakes/engine/turbos/ etc

The patience you have to keep at it over so much time is something that I do not have.
Well I'm a mixture or busy and lazy. I'd love to have been able to complete the car a year ago, but with the pace I'm moving at it allows me to buy the parts I really want and means the end product will be exactly what I envisioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejayde View Post
I'm enjoying this build! What's your beef with the GKTech pieces?
Their adjusters are fucking awful, the design is decent, but their tolerances are garbage. Both of my RUCA's had to be clamped to a bench so I could use a long extension to have enough leverage to forcefully thread them together. The bolts that are used to clamp the adjusters all take excessive force to tighten down as well, not what I expected for brand new arms... The eccentric lockout seems nice though and the V4 traction rods are significantly better overall, but still take some force to thread together.