View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #102
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
IF my $.02 matter at all,

From what I'm reading & previous experience the high EGT's you are experiencing (how hot are your EGT's?) are due to high back pressure. My Car has factory internals with a 1.5mm HG Factory S14 T28 with Denso 550cc injectors. at ACS I was seeing EGT's as hot as 810*C (I don't have a cat) I was reading my EGT's 1.75" away from cylinder 3 exhaust port. Between ACS & Buttonwillow I made a test to test the theory & got some success. I port matched my Manifold to my head, Manifold to the Turbo gasket, turbo gasket to the turbo inlet & made a better transition from the elbow flange to the bellmouth. at Buttonwillow i never saw EGT's hotter than 760*C on the same exact tune before my waterpump checked out. I run my car pretty rich too to help with the hot EGT's I overheard a few people saying i'm burning rotary type fireballs after the bank. (wish i had pics) and a few guys at buttonwillow said the same thing.

I would recommend welding a 38 or 40mm external wastegate to a ported stock manifold for best results with the GT2871R it'll help bring those EGT's down quite a bit that's what I'll be doing for my car.
I appreciate all comments, especially the .02!

I am interested in your finding but my egt temp was up to 950 Celsius and my sensor is mounted after the turbo. So I think it was definitely timing related. I will find out more at the next event and report back.

I am considering the ext. wastegate option though!

Again thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
subbed, I'm definitely interested to see how this car turns out. so far i have learned a few things along the way
Awesome man, thank you!
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote