View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 08:54 PM   #120
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
This weekend was the weekend to get the SR started for the first time!

Needed to mount the radiator overflow, the zip ties weren't going to cut it so I made up a little bracket for the universal bottle I picked up and it worked out perfectly!

AEM 340 got tossed into the tank, liked the one I used to run in my WRX and since this car will be on ethanol at some point I figured why not.

The harness I had in the car was originally meant for my Z32 so I was missing a few specific bits for the S13. I didn't like that Wiring Specialties uses only one small wire from the starter/alternator with a jumper between. I made up a littler harness to jump and go back to the main power stud inside the car, worked perfectly and looks great!

Threw some Motul break-in oil into the engine and got on the phone with Juan at Bardabe Performance to get the ECU unlocked with a base map loaded up. Changed some settings for the MAP sensor, completed TPS/MAP calibration, and confirmed the fuel/pol pressure sensors were working. Set base fuel pressure and realized it was time!

It was time to start it for the first time, turned the key and on the second rotation it fired right up and idled perfectly! Massive weight lifted from my shoulders, engine sounds phenomenal! Made made a cool 75psi of oil pressure at cold idle and settled to around 45psi once it warmed up. Once it warmed up we looked around for leaks and couldn't find any, car is officially ready for a tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMCQxjktu8Y

Not much more I could do today, but with all of the wiring cleaned up the bay looks great. So excited seeing this engine finally completed and in a chassis that deserves it! Spit shine will come in the next few days and hopefully it'll be back on the ground.