View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 08:25 PM   #113
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Huge shout out to S13Project, Tyler and Koru Works for sending me some strut tower plates to space up my Tomei strut bar! It nearly clears now, going to hit the lettering with a die grinder to give me a few mm of clearance and we will be sitting pretty! All of the mounting plates were dropped to powder coat today with some other stuff to clean up the look overall as well.

Decided a while back that I wanted to ditch the GKTech outer tie rods I was running due to them not only hitting the LCA at lock, but also seizing up with barely any actual driving time on them. Moved to some OEM replacement Moog S14 outers and PBM extended inners, this gives the clearance needed inside for 17's up front, no more contact with the LCA and I can keep an extra pair on hand without a massive added cost or hassle of setup!

Also really happy with the PBM Super Lock knuckles, wish I had opted for these out of the gate! Still a bit more I can get out of this setup with moving the rack and running a lower offset wheel, but this will do great for now.

With my outer tie rods sorted I threw the Advan Model 6's onto the car as the rollers until the Panasports are finished. Actually really like the look of these on it, will probably end up getting them refinished and holding onto them for spares

Another little detail that has been driving me mad is the throttle cable bracket. I have a little fabricated one that kind of works, but looks awful and needed to be spaced up to have the correct angle. Worked out a 3D printable part and mocked it up on the manifold. Angle was a bit off still, but it looks miles better and once printed from the reinforced nylon should be plenty stout to hold up on the car long term. Final part is ready to print, just waiting on some hardware to mount it up!

Unrelated, but I got the CRP Z32 back on the ground again in a roller state. Poor car has been neglected for far too long, will be getting a much needed wash this week and a few more parts ordered so I can get it back on the road until I have a complete, drop in ready, zero frills swap ready for it!

Pretty much a wrap, was eaten alive by mosquitos and sweat my balls off, hopefully the weather will be kinder and I can make some real progress soon!