View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #1
Moore
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Moore is an unknown quantity at this point
Coolant flooding cylinder 4 fresh rebuild

Ive been badly struggling figuring out why my sr that's been freshly rebuilt is flooding cylinder 4 with coolant

Before rebuild i had no coolant issues the engine was burning oil which was due to rings.

Since getting the motor bored and new pistons added both head and deck resurfaced the engine continues to piss coolant info cylinder 4. So bad it pours out the exhuast when running.

Ive tied 2 head gaskets both brand new. Arp studs using a snap on torque wrench. Comp is down in 3 and 4. 150 150 120 90. Ive taken the head off 3 times now trying to figure out the issue.

When i pressure test the coolant system it won't hold pressure that long but does build. I found that my upper rad hose wasnt that tigth since it started bubbling out there but i do not hear or feel any pressure coming out of cylinder 4 or 3.

I also disconnected all the coolant lines from the intake and plugged them. Made no difference. There is no coolant in the intake so it's getting into the cylinder another way.

Is this likely a cracked head? Im struggling to believe that since it was working fine before i started work on it. Any other ideas on how so much coolant could make its way into the cylinder?
Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links