Old 07-01-2011, 09:30 AM   #84
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEALSQUEAL View Post
I understand what you are saying here, but wouldnt this decrease the lifespan of the injector due to being under greater pintle pressure constantly. Also the fuel system is at a great load constantly. I personally prefer running the larger injectors, and adjusting the global fuel table by the ratio of old injector to new. For instance, you go to 1000's from 740's all you have to do is multiply your global table by .74 and you should be in the ballpark and then minor adjustments. There isn't increased stress on your fuel system, and you gave yourself the duty cycle/longevity that running stock pressure will maintain. Especially if you plan to run a fair amount of boost. Starting at 60 and then running 25lbs of boost will put you at 85psi fuel pressure. That is moving into a territory where a lot of pumps get very weak and could starve your system up top.
Well, just make sure you dont have detchworks and you have a good brand of injectors and pumps, msd and bosch come to mind. E85 will work better on a 4bar setup ans should be ran on a 4bar setup.

Making 400whp stresses out our 4cyl engines too so i dont like that argument, besides you should see what drifting does to my tires!

sent from my rooted thunderbolt
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote