View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
You exhaust usually would only be smoking if a large amount of coolant was pouring into your cyls...

As far as the pressure build up ... this is caused by 1 of 2 things...

1. you have a leak somewhere and as you lose water your car is just heating up and building psi in the cooling system. ( from reading your post this is not the issue)

2. Your HG is basically not sealed and the pressure the cyls produce is going directly into your cooling system and the pressure is possibly causing the thermo to stay closed.

Is your fluid level ever dropping ? Like after your done driving and let the car cool make sure your fluid is the same level.

Upon your reply ill try to help as much as i can. I remember my 2jzge had somewhat the same problem as you. I would be driving and after its warmed up my temp would skyrocket to the red zone and id just turn the car off and coast to a safe spot to park.. it ultimately ended up being that the water pump was seizing up and making the car burn water from getting so hot. After i replaced it the car hasnt over heated once.. But after that dilemma i got an aluminum oversized rad witch helped aswell.

CX racing makes some affordable yet nice rads.