View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
A zenki with a front end conversion is not the same thing though. I'd say 3-4k for a rough car and 6-8k for a nice one around here.
I agree, its not the same. However, I personally feel a 95-96 (if OBD1) is a much better purchase than an 97-98 (OBD2) car for two reasons. One, ODB1 cars are less of a headache when it comes to smog and mods. Two, the US-spec front end is ugly anyway - so you're going to do paint and body regardless. The difference is that there is much less paint and body with the Kouki as its just a bumper & lighting swap. I still however, would rather have an OBD1 Zenki *anyday*. The only thing people with 97-98 cars have are nonsense bragging rights over it being rare (yawn).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_bryan View Post
paid 6500 for mine all original 166000 miles real se car with window sticker unraped.
I once considered selling my 95 SC to purchase a 97-98 S14 and couldnt wrap my head around the used cost similarities. Both cars were around $6-7k used. The SC was near a 50k car when new, the 240 was what... 25k? The difference of how the cars feel and drive is immediate. The SC feels well-built and the S14 feels like a cracker-jack box. Being that I never cared for the S14 when new, it all ended there.