View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #85
slideslidegnarslide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
slideslidegnarslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Lol talking about vtec and vvl being good for racing? Are you guys dumb? Vtec isnt in racing because its to keep your car streetable and economical. Vtec and anything like it is to keep car economical and street able. You gain low end torque because your on a lower cam profile. But you'll never be in those Rpms in racing. Systems like this are only good because your car can be completely normal at idle and street driving but has a race profile cam for high rpm. That's why people eliminate vtec...... Race profile cam all the time. No one has ever heard of vtec killer cams. all you have to do is put in a cam that has the same profile as the lobe in vtec or other systems and bam, the system is useless. Because the gains of a normal cam are only seen in rpm that you'll never be in at the track. All you guys started a huge argument on this guys build thread for no reason. Who care if the head doesn't flow as much. He will still make way more power than any of us. This poor guy gets on the forums and blasted by people that have no proof of the claims they are making and clearly doesn't understand that vtec and systems like that are not for racing. They are for street cars. I don't care which head flows better at all. All I'm saying is vvl and systems like it have no place in racing and because they are pointless. Unless you want a street car. I'd love for this guy to come back and continue ONE OF THE NICEST BUILD THREADS ON ZILVIA but we can't handle that. Cause we need to cry about why some guy half way around the world didn't choose what head "you" wanted him to use. Oh boohoo

And actually guy above me they do allow vtec in a lot of forms of racing. Watch road racing. There's a class that the new si does really well in.
slideslidegnarslide is offline   Reply With Quote