View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #104
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Is it the same dual piston Wilwood that Chase Bays uses?
Chase Bays Brake Booster Eliminator w/ Dual Outlet Master Cylinder - Universal - ChaseBays.com

On their website it says that the 1" bore is not recommended for a 240SX. However, if I will be running bigger brakes, will it be fine? I know that many people switch to the 1" and 17/16" 300ZX BMC's when upgrading to Z32 or bigger brakes. Also, are the Wilwood master cylinders valved differently, so as not to require as much pedal effort as the factory cylinder would without the brake booster?

Is the OEM BMC dual or triple piston? On the Wilwood I would need to tee the front brakes off the first chamber. Does the stock setup tee both front brakes off the same chamber (just internally instead of externally), or does it actually feature a separate chamber for each line?

Perhaps I should have started a new topic for this. My apologies for cluttering up the thread.
You have to understand that manual brakes require a smaller diameter BMC than vacuum-assist. Assuming that you ran bigger brakes with a brake booster and you liked that setup, why not just stick with it and run braided lines yourself if you wanna tuck it or whatever? Manual brakes do require more pedal effort so you should have some muscle in your legs or you probably won't like it. My feelings on the shaved/tucked crap is it's just a pain in the ass to fuck with it if anything goes wrong though.
As for the BMC, that's Wilwood product I was speaking of. I would think 1" is feasible if you have eight pistons up front and four in back vs four pistons around the entire car... Plus, do you REALLY want to take advice from Chase at this point if you're already having doubts? I believe I ran 3/4" BMC on a four piston setup (one on each corner) on an 1800lb car and the factory BMC with vacuum-assist was 1", if that helps. Don't remember the piston diameters of my brake calis though.

OEM BMC is a dual piston; never heard of a triple piston bmc, but I'm no super extreme brake expert. As for valving on a BMC, it depends on the car and manufacturer specs; Nissans have the prop valve built in to the BMC so, for example, if you change to Wilwood dual piston BMC, you will have full-on front and rear without an adjustable prop valve inline with the rear line(s).
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote