View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 08:21 AM   #51
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
I think stewart leask is designing and tigging for them on this?
Not sure about the design work, but they have a guy in-house that welds the pans and valvecovers, he does great work. Instagram is @skinny__d

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I think for a street car that can easily retain heat/ac, the SR still remains the go-to. Although for a drift/race car build I can see the draw to the K series swap.
This makes a lot of sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post

As for a K swap in an S-chassis... I love me some S-chassis goodness, but I'm totally getting an S2000 if I want some RWD VTEC fun for these sorts of prices.

Plus K20/K24s are showing themselves to have oiling issues in a longitudinal setup. They act like they want a deep as hell oil pan, and then the engine just doesn't fit in many cars. Sure, these tiny oil pans to fit them in a RWD setup are fine for a street/drag setup, but start pulling some Gs and your engine is toast.
You make a good point about picking up an S2000, it definitely becomes an alternative option if you're looking at turbo K-swap prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
The Touge Factory oil pan is like an 8 quart capacity.
Yeah if the pan maintains oil pressure on a car with 315's all the way around and some decent aero, I think it'll do well on most people's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
and at that point, it would make sense to spend bigger bucks fitting a dry sump conversion - if and whoever makes that. I dont know because I dont care, but im sure it exists.

Its a generational thing. Next gen of enthusiasts are looking for something new or to be different, but often lose sight of what is designed to work in a chassis.

We're damn near being in 2020. If you're going to install an SR in your car, take it to the machine shop and have it cleaned up and refreshed. Simple as that. Dont fuck with 30 year old cars unless you have the money to burn in restoration.
Dailey Engineering makes dry sump setups for the K.

While I agree with your "do it right or not at all" mentality, There's no doubt the K series is superior to the SR in quite a few ways. I do think the SR20 is more aesthetic and depending on what they're doing with the car and their level of mechanical skill and knowledge it makes sense for some people. I know lots of old guys that will claim the SBC is the best engine ever because they've never blown one up, but we all know that SBC's are boat anchors.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote