View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 10:07 PM   #14
TheVinylKingz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura aboutTheVinylKingz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
That looks lean.

Okay, a couple of questions:

What if any modifications/upgrades did you make before running into this issue?

Does the car start better or worse when it's hot vs. cold?

The stock ECU has engine coolant temp fuel correction that could be making it run better at lower ECTs.

Again, was there any modifications made that may have affected the engine operation? Fuel, Airflow, Spark/Timing, Compression.

Have you checked the fuel filter? Have you checked fuel pressure? Have you checked the MAF(plugged in vs unplugged)? Have you checked wiring and vacuum lines?

I agree though, Stock ECU, Cams and T28 Spec R is not a great recipe. What psi are you running?
Those plugs look pretty lean to me.
Since the time that it was built it has
Never been modified. It used to run really well for a while, but all of the sudden while driving on the freeway, it just started running bad, as described on the original post.

I don?t have any FPR or boost controller to verify the boost it?s running. It has a T28 Spec R. From what I?ve read it?s maybe around 7lbs of boost stock.