View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 02:39 PM   #286
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
Of course I associate with younger crowds. You got to pass down the things we've learned. It's like passing the torch or whatever. You don't pass things down and people tend to create some ugly ass shit with poor ideals and flimsy character. I think it's as much our duty as older people to teach as it is for young people to learn.

Sup, Farzam here, i'm 28. The older cats on zilvia definitely helped me refine my taste and drive myself to further my automotive knowledge. I was forced to do an AMA thread where I would have to answer random people's technical questions, which was actually super helpful because I learned a ton through it. I think it's very important to lead by example. The most important thing to remember is that every younger kid is a shithead who can't listen, and 98% of us were the same way with our parents and elders.

Through various turns of events I have become a parts vendor and I always try to educate my prospective customers whenever they have questions/whenever they wanna listen. Obviously I sell some lower budget stuff to garner entry level clients and because politics, but I won't sell anything I wouldn't use myself under the same pretenses. I'm fb friends with a lot of these scene kids and sometimes I can help them redirect their build to a cleaner, more authentic aesthetic rather than trying to fit the biggest lips/wing and failing miserably. Other times they just wanna kill the instagame and it is what it is.

A lot of the people who do cringey shit just want attention and will get out of the car scene in a few years anyways when they knock some ig model up or affirm puts them into claims for nonpayment. Let's just hope they don't ruin too many cool cars before then. You can't save everybody.