View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 03:30 AM   #26
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
because if it's his first set of coils he's not going to be able to tell the difference between $600 megans and $1200 fortunes (without swifts). majority of suspension components these days are manufactured in china/taiwan, don't be ignorant. also, have you ever seen the marketplace on here? i got all my spl and pbm arms for under $400.

do you actually have experience with these things or are you going off some preconceived notion? because i do. my $700 bc's rode like garbage, switched to swift springs and now they ride better than any of the cucso, jic, stance, or fortune coils i've ever owned. seen it time and time again on friend's cars as well. swift forgives many of the faults of lower quality damping. not saying they're as good as upper tier feal, stance, fortunes, etc with swifts, but if you're just dailying and doing some light tracking, all you really need is just something that rides decent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As a matter of fact I have had several sets of coilovers from both ends of the spectrum. 3 sets of jic, PBM, kts, zeal, ohlins. I've owned a lot of stuff for different purposes. You can tell the difference between a good damper and shitty. Don't mask up a problem with a nice spring.

Either buy it right the first time or don't buy anything. You don't need a set of $$$$$ coilovers to have a good time on a good car. But don't but Chinese crap. There are reasons zeal, arc, hks, trust, yashio factory, ect don't have a market out here. Because everyone wants that kind of performance on a dollar menu budget.

i get he's not looking to blow 2k plus on something he's not familiar with. I wouldn't either. That's why I stated, tein basics, real brake pads(not hawk hps), and proper tires. Then auto cross or lap your car til your ready to explore more. The driver will not reach the performance limits of the car within 6months-2years. Work on the driver not some fantasy build.

But no one will even bother listening because "needs more low, stance, hoonigay, ect..."

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...