Old 06-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #27253
Blackzenki82
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Blackzenki82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Blackzenki82
Quote:
Originally Posted by G240 View Post
So buying german glass and worrying about rock chips is an issue, but drifting on baller wheels that most of us are still surprised you didn't bend one in that crazy crash of yours was ok and justifiable?
That car was bought and built to do exactly what it died doing. I had just sold my freshly restored R34 powered R32 GTR making 400awhp to get a car a little more drift oriented (as i didn't want to wreck the GTR like I did the white car). The S14 was meant to be somewhat disposable, as I wasn't going to aggressively track a car in some beater pile of shit after coming off a GTR. I hit more events, and did more demos in the time I owned that car, than I have since I started driving. I'd just hoped I wouldn't have finished it off so soon. Call it conceited.

When you get to do this Fun times at Bronson speedway - YouTube, every week, twice a week (thurs for T&T, Sat for circle track racing opener/intermission/close) for $10 both days, and hit 3 CFRC events four months, who cares what a clean zenki with rear 1/4 damage (before I stuffed it) goes through? It was the best 4 months of my driving life, and I got to showcase what ability I have in a really cool car.

And to get back on topic, learning how to make fiberglass fit with OEM and aftermarket parts...

I still have to get a new pass side headlight, and redo the lenses (prev owner used what looks like super glue), and paint them black like the OEM lenses. Then line up the pass side. Get the trunk done, and off to get it wrapped.

Blackzenki82 is offline   Reply With Quote