View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 03:20 PM   #1
Agent_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Agent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to allAgent_S13 is a name known to all
No more smog for 1996 and Older cars in CA in 2024+?

Hi All,

Figure this might be better here in the local forum but is there any legislation/documentation regarding CA not going to require smog for cars that are 1996 and older in a few years?

Background - Car passed smog today so I can get my registration. The Smog Tech casually mentioned as he was making small talk and said the following

You should only have to smog 1 more time in a few years - there's legislation that they won't require it for cars 1996 or older.

I attempted to get more info but he didn't elaborate.

I'd be overjoyed that I wouldn't have to smog every other year anymore, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wishful thinking here but if there's any sort of proposed legislation out there, I'd be curious to read up on it. The car sits 98% of the year in my garage and occasionally drive it (every few weeks if I have time/motivation).

This would make it even easier to keep around (forever) if I don't have to worry/stress/work towards getting it ready for smog.

Thanks for any insight.

Aaron
'91 240sx coupe
Agent_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links