View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #25
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
I finished my exhaust finally after finding time and the ambition to work in the cold weather in the garage.

I basically started with a cat that was hollowed out by the previously. so I cut the ends off of it and expanded it just so the pipe I had would slide through and stick out long enough in case I wanted to make the whole exhaust slip over pieces. well the expander I used would have taken forever to expand everything.. so I decided to weld it all except the tip portion at the axle back and where the cat meets/slips over the header..

mid-pipe to the sway-bar hoop. you can see the 1st hanger that bolts to the body under the car.

you can see the hanger on the tip portion kind of.

Finally, I put my doors and front end back on, and tested fitment since they somehow seemed ok since I took them off and have left them sit.

The corner light spaces on the fenders need work and the bumper needs more of a support to hold the bumper up better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_SR20 View Post
Did you ever get anything figured out regarding the rough idle from the lack of butterflys? I removed mine when cleaning up my motor, since I plan to turbo it later on and didn't want to have to tear is all apart again, and have yet to get it back in the car and running. I know its noobish but never really thought about the consequences of doing that without some sort of re-tune or adjustment.

P.S. I love this thread, your car is beautiful, and your attention to detail is also inspiring.
Thank you for the inspiring words to continue.. to answer your question, I started the car today and every time I start, and let it idle, after about 20-30 seconds the car starts to lean itself out. I'm not sure how to tune the car so I might try to find another set of butterflies and vacuum piece on the back that rotates them open, and try to tune the car again. that's the only difference since I put the engine back in. If you plan to turbo the car I would just leave them out since you will most likely need a new tune on the engine.
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote