View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #4
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jacobzking is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraholic View Post
Thanks for the info Jacob. You pretty much summed up a lot of what the racers/instructors said...lol. Though I will have to look into the
Nismo Stat.

I was running a 40% mixture of antifreeze and water. The instructor advised me to half that, and he mentioned water wetter (how much of a difference did you notice?). I was about to do that after the 2nd session but the coolant hardline coming from the turbo split killing the rest of my run

I don't have any ducting run yet. I will be putting in a splash shield and radiator cooling panel as well as making a front splitter for it. I'll have to do that all next time (I work overseas, and only get back stateside for a couple of weeks every 3-4 months). I am also thinking about putting in a sprayer system for the intercooler/radiator, I do believe my FMIC was heat soaked near the end of the run because I noticed a lose in power near the end of each run.

As for the AFRs, they are around 11.5 or so, I will have to pull the dyno to get the exact #'s. The ECU is tuned for 550cc injectors.

It has been a couple of years since the brake system has been flushed, but that is because the car has mostly sit in storage for the last 2 years.
if the car sits for that long, it is inevitable that moisture will work its way in to the brake fluid... the moisture/water boils in the brake lines causing bubbles and renders the brakes useless for track day. most tracks will require you to flush your brakes within anywhere from 30-90 days before the event for that reason. you can have the biggest baddest brakes in the world... but a few drops of water in the lines can make em fail.

invest in a nismo tstat, quick and easy.

also, get a wideband so you can REALLY see your AFRs. if you're running too much over 11.5 under boost, the engine will run hotter.
jacobzking is offline   Reply With Quote