View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 07:13 PM   #23346
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Does this sound like a bad speed sensor?

I was initially dealing with a bad speedometer. Replaced speedometer with a working one but working one lagged. Decided to re-solder the board on my bad speedo and it worked perfectly for a couple quick cruises.

Drove it today (its hotter than the other days ive ever taken the car out since re-soldering the speedo board) and speedo once again started acting up, but this time it would be as if signal would be cutting in and out

i.E: Reaching 50mph and then the gauge would start fluctuating between not working and working but when it would work it would be at 50mph which is the constant speed I was at.
Could be a bad sensor, or a cracked wire that is wiggling while under motion interrupting the signal.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote