View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 07:31 AM   #12
Wknd

Trader Rating: (0)
Wknd is an unknown quantity at this point
So the long winter is over here and spring is upon us. It's time to do a small update. I haven't gathered many parts over the winter, because I'm mostly focusing on getting the car in order, replace needed parts and get the engine running again.
What currently needs to be done:

Exhaust camshaft
Valve cover gaskets
Spark plugs
Front right wheel bearing
Outer+inner tie rods
HICAS delete
Brake discs/pads F+R
Rear stabiliser shaft links

Yesterday I got the car towed from the garage to my workplace, so I can firstly start on getting the engine to run. Waiting on some gaskets and bolts from Japan currently while I'm gonna get the camshaft replaced.

Got a pair of SSR Koenig wheels at some point, they were sold as 17x9.5 ET20-30, the seller was unsure. After cleaning the barrels, the sticker came apparent and the wheels are 17x9 ET21. I tried them on with 235/40 tyres, but as my fenders are fully OEM, not been rolled or pulled, then I decided to sell the wheels because I don't want to mess up my arches.

Also cleaned up the rear coilovers, they were dirty, as can be seen on the picture a few posts ago.

Removed the driver's side sideskirt, because it had many cracks and just wasn't fitting as I'd like. Unfortunately discovered some rust on the sill, nothing that major yet, but needs to be figured out during this season.

Hopefully within the next update car is up and running.
Wknd is offline   Reply With Quote