View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #84
Road2Perfection
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Road2Perfection is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
You guys are arguing over stupid shit... The BTCC Janspeed head is not and was not available to the masses. Who gives a shit which one is better. This guy jumped on a chance of a lift time to own a rare, RACE proven head and is doing something with it, rather than putting it on a shelf. Quit shitting on his thread.

I would like to see flow bench numbers on the Janspeed head. Teigen, what year was your head pulled from? It seems that the 98-99' BTCC heads/motors were the golden ticket setup with the previous years being less powerful. They also switched the head around putting the intake side towards the front of the car and the exhaust exiting on the opposite side.
Read below, P10 BTCC
The P11 BTCC head had reversed intake side ports, I want that LHD car.. RHD design...
Master cylinder is right next to the turbo on LHD, enough of that.
The most successfull BTCC cars were the P11's, the main change was just switching side of ports, and thats the easiest way to differ the two, or the rockercover on this has SR20 written on it, flat on the top, the P11 was more round and no text on it, had Nissan Power written on the coilcover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
You realize none of what you just posted amounts to proof, right? Just because a certain drag car runs VE heads and makes a bunch of power doesn't mean shit because you have nothing BTCC to compare it to. And just because all those builders use VE doesn't make it better, maybe they just couldn't find a BTCC head because there are like 12 of them...

At this point I am not even picking sides, I just letting you know that you cannot argue anything about which head is better because you haven't seen both in action with similar spec'd motors. The fact that a new head was built at all when the VE was readily available should be proof enough for you to wait this build out and see what kind of numbers it makes.

\end bashing
please continue build thread
the VE head was not avaiable at the time of BTCC P10 ERA.
2ndly. BTCC does not allow VCT, VVL.
First introduction of this was in 1997, this BTCC head is ~1990-1995/96

The reason why VTEC, Nissan NEO VVL, VE and so on is completely absent in racing is cause VERY few manufactures have it, and it's a unfair advantage when it's patented and licence costs and all that.
They do not bend for Nissan and Honda vs the rest.

However, doesnt change how impressive this head is, ports MATCH what a VE head has, and I doubt any redtops, DE, other non VVL/VCT 2.2 engines will match it's performance.
that leaves us with the VE engine and FC20 (very unsure how honda's perform over 600 whp, but up to that it's for sure a breeze)?

VCT= Variable cam Timings.
VVL = Variable Valve Lift and Timing

VVL is VE and VCT is notchtop DE

Last edited by Road2Perfection; 01-23-2013 at 05:28 AM..
Road2Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote