View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #71
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
I buy between $100-150k in automotive sheet metal per year.

My clients pay just under $2500 for a factory 911 fender. The reproductions are about $1500 but require hours and hours of work to make fit. These numbers start to make sense when the restoration alone is $150k plus and the end product is worth $200k+, but for our cars, they just don't make sense.

I'm pretty tight with an aftermarket supplier with a hundred-ton stamping mill, but they're already at capacity for their Porsche and BMW projects. They also don't stamp anything as big or complex as fenders, though they could in stages and add welding/fixturing labor to the mix.

I'm hopeful about mav1178's source because my Silvia fenders are beat and, even though I'm going overfenders on my coupe build, I don't really want to pay someone to fix the ones that are currently on it for my hatch build. I want everything on that car perfect with zero filler.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote