Thread: STL Riots
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 01:12 AM   #48
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
You wouldn't be glad these riots were happening if they were in your town.
No I wouldn't, however if its for the good of the nation and the rights of the people, i'd for damn sure be out there protesting as well, my neighborhood or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
The guy was some scumbag hooligan wannabe thug and I am pretty sure the officer did not just decide to shoot him for no reason. Bet all the individuals painting Michael Brown as a saint are the same people who would think twice about sitting next to him on public transportation late at night.
I am against the police as much as the next law-abiding resident, but this is not the right incident to rally behind.
I don't give a damn if he was a scumbag, a saint or whatever. Police don't have the right to act as executioner of an unarmed civilian. A lack of police accountability leads to the perversion of the law
And no this may not be the ideal event to act behind, but it's waking up the nation to the idea of police militarization and excess of force

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
Black people are the real racist.
everyone is racist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
im just surprised at the discussion here....

dude got shot and killed... i mean, cops filled him full of lead.

so.

cop A and B never thought once of shooting the guy in the leg?

its a fucking KNIFE, not a nuclear bomb. cap the guy ONCE in the leg, he's down and out... problem solved.

nope. lets kill the motherfucker.
Mace would have been quite efficient. Or a tazer. But cops like to use bullets in the poor communities more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
The ironic thing is that my brother just graduated from the police academy a few weeks ago and the guys in the video did everything they were taught by the book. This is exactly the kind of stuff they trained. Take out the threat as quickly as possible with multiple shots to make sure they do not retaliate. Do not aim for the legs because it is a tough shot to make in the heat of the moment, plus while you are looking down you can lose track of what they are doing with their hands. Apparently when someone is pumped full of adrenaline, it may take multiple shots in the legs to take them down, which is especially risky when they are a few steps away from you, or whatever, I am not the expert.

I never said I agree with their methods. In fact, I find most of them ridiculous and over the top and I think police officers act like sissies who are constantly afraid of everyone so they shoot as soon as someone looks at them wrong, just in case. But at the same time, if you think that you can approach a cop with a knife and they are going to baby talk you out of it or something, then good luck. Why give them a reason to point their guns at you in the first place?
Escalation of force is the answer. How often do most police use this anymore? They don't have to because they get away with shooting a motherfucker in the dome as first response.
Lack of accountability from the public

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
This isn't the movies you don't aim for the legs or arms. Cop shoots someone in the leg, he gets sued. You don't approach a cop brandishing a knife either.
I completely agree. If someone comes at you with a lethal weapon, kill the asshole
Vid of the most recent shooting. 9 shots? Plenty of time for a tazer
http://www.vox.com/2014/8/20/6051377...Kajieme-Powell

Last edited by zeitgeist; 08-22-2014 at 04:59 AM..
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote