Old 04-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #922
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
This seems pretty backwards lol

TBH the reason why tuner culture even started here in the states was because a few batshit crazy people decided to work on these cars.

Quote:
Meanwhile most modern tuners will just throw a shitty Cobb tune onto their mommy/daddy bought WRX/FRS/etc and blow the ringlands within 12 months.
I think you confused "tuner" with "teenager".

Quote:
They won't bother with actually changing anything about their fuel/turbo setups while spewing shit like "yeah bro my engine can take 450+ hp on stock internals no problem, just gotta turn up the boost lmao"
Then you're not a "Tuner" but a kid with a handheld tuner pretending to be a tuner.

Quote:

I know you're probably 30 something but fuck, you sound like a boomer
I just remember for years people moaning about what A PITA FDs, Z32s and Z16s are to work on. People howled and moaned about thr Z33 being a V6 instead of a I4 or I6. Even the domestic guys cried and bitched about the SOHC and DOHC V8s from Ford - 4.6/5.4.

This is part of the reason Honda 4's, SR20s, 4G63s and 2JZs became so popular. A VG30 and 6G72 are both strong 4-digit capable engines, but nobody wanted to work on them and their popularity never soared like the Inline engines.

Now 30 years later, these once "complicated" and "cramped" engine setups seam simple and straightforward.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote