View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 07:18 AM   #299
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
1.) I don't think it was ever like that for me. When I came to this forum with pictures of my first S13, I posted in the wrong spot and got the usual response. I didn't argue, I didn't call anyone an asshole, I made a joke and moved on. I just think it's how people are raised: if you want to become a member of a community you take your lumps (in stride) and try to be a good person...not a self-righteous cunt who wants to post shit in all the wrong sections because 'rules are antiquated' or whatever. I'm 29 and work with a ton of young people in the military. The vast majority are entitled little shits. It might be a generation thing. I get it, people my age are still considered millennials but I'd argue that this shit start with people my younger brother's age (currently 23).

2.) I've gotten super savvy with unfollowing people that have cool cars but just seem...hollow to me. The kid with the white hatch that's always on jackstands is always posting the same picture at the same angle. Some Florida dudes put bronze TEs on a hatch and it's like the second coming of Jesus. Other kids call people out for being hypebeasts and then go through 3-4 DIFFERENT cars (S14, S14, and now the new hotness: JZs) in a year with the same AVS wheels on each different car. Where's the love? You're telling me these dudes posting this pictures with veritable PARAGRAPHS worth of hasthtags really just love their cars? Really? I don't think anyone would do this shit if they just loved their cars.

In a lot of ways it's not so much them, but the people in their comments that get to me.

3.) I feel like this has already happened.

Some more food for thought:

- People selling S15 shit in the marketplace are either stupid as fuck or trying to rip people off. It seems like the term 'S15' is always accompanied by 'SpecR' and any moron can tell you that the fucking cars are all the same besides the motor. So a steering wheel is a steering wheel, not a SpecR steering wheel. For fuck's sake.

- StanceNation dudebro's car. Is anyone else sick of seeing it or is it just me? When you're connected in the car industry is it really that astounding to see a clean car on Work wheels when you have connects at Work?

- Dickriding on IG stories. Fuck dude all I see in IG stories are other people's cars nowadays. We've moved from slanging our own cocks to slanging everyone else's'.

- ...parts/wheel/car prices. It's always a razor's edge thing with me: feel like I owe someone the service of telling them shit is marked drastically up or keep my mouth shut and hope to profit when I need to make some extra cash fast.

There's some really good text here.

1. I remember when I posted my pos here for the first time with the black/yellow Equips. Shit hit the fan immediately. Did I care? Nah, I kept is a joke, because the car looked like a monster truck.

2. I'm almost that guy. My car has taken way too long to build, but still I post updates to instagram and here to see what people thank and if they'd have cool ideas to share with me. It's my first car that I'm building, I am not the most talented guy to make a car and this forum, instagram, facebook etc.. there has been people who have told me things how to do shit, where to get something that might help me. I love this community sometimes and sometimes I hate it.

"Dickriding on IG stories"
Sometimes I see dudes who do this daily or weekly. I don't know if it's "dickriding" for shoutouts or just humble action. I do it sometimes, but only if I really think that the guy who owns the car is nice and the car is what I like to see. This dude called "swager" with his C33 must be one of those dudes for me. I've talked to him few times now and small things like this matter to me, I feel like I'm somehow welcomed and people usually are nice to me.

Usually what I call "doing it wrong" is the attitude some young fellas have when they come up with their cars/project. They're not humble, they just start yelling at you trough the fucking internet calling you a fat, gay, ugly hater with no life. Bitch please, if I don't like your car and gave you constructive criticism, you need to take a good look at the mirror why people don't like you.