View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 07:17 AM   #1
SaveTheZenkis

Trader Rating: (0)
SaveTheZenkis is an unknown quantity at this point
KA KA24E smoking gas smell

Hey all! Just bought an all original '90 S13 hatch off an old guy and now I'm trying to get her all fixed up. I'm gonna try to explain it as thorough as possible.

The issue is the car smokes a good bit. It doesn't smell like oil or coolant, oil looks good and coolant looks normal so I'm sure its not the head gasket. The smoke smells like straight gas. The oil on the dipstick has a gas odor to it as well.

What I've done to try and find the issue is 1. replaced plugs and wires (plugs were fouled bad) and 2. I've taken off my fuel rail with injectors. The previous owner replaced 3 out of 4 injectors about a year ago. when I pulled the rail with the injectors (fuel system still pressurized) I didn't notice any of them leaking or dripping. Full disclosure, I don't know if that is the actual way to check if injectors are leaking. I haven't done a lot of fuel maintenance lol so please correct me if i'm wrong.

This makes me believe that the O-rings are good on all injectors if there's no leaks. All rubber spacers look good. At this point I dont know whats causing this. I have a new stock FPR and a new coolant temp sensor that I plan to put in today. Idk if those are the issues but might as well.

Is there anything else that I'm not looking at that could be an issue? Distributor or timing etc.? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
SaveTheZenkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links