View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 07:14 PM   #12
dmitrysgarage

Trader Rating: (0)
dmitrysgarage is making a name for him/her selfdmitrysgarage is making a name for him/her selfdmitrysgarage is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Could you just sell it and do all of that stuff to a 240 that's already beat down. Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snags View Post
This^

The car is more unique now than it will be if you mod it
Haha, yea I don't like working on beaters anymore. It's no fun when half the work is fixing some other guy's botched bs. It's so much more fun to work on a new or low miles bone stock car.

I get the car is unique and I agree my version wouldn't be as special. Right now it really is a 90's time machine. That 90s car smell and leather, it's intoxicating. Keeping it bone stock is an option I'm considering, just don't know how much I'll enjoy that long term. Ultimately I bought it to enjoy I doubt I'll ever get the opportunity to mod a nearly new 240 ever again. Think of it like re-living a time when I couldn't afford a new 240 to mod and I was modding beaters. Feel the same way about the S2K too. I know that may upset some people, but I also doubt this thing is ever winning a vintage concourse. I love the 240, but it's more famous for mods than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
^^^ Drive this thing and take lots of photos of it while it looks so nice. Such a nice find man, congrats.
Thanks man, was super excited to find it. So far that's what I'm doing with it. Haven't changed anything, just going through all the maintenance items and making sure everything is fresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Jesus fuck I hope this is a troll. I get that these cars are unimpressive in stock form, but the 'full-blown track car' plans for a car like this are crazy.
I guess I wasn't clear. The track plans were something I always thought I'd do with a 240, like in the past. I have another unrelated track build now. Since I found such a clean car I'm mostly deciding somewhere between a clean street build, sleeper that looks almost stock (maybe just light wheels), or completely cleaning up the stock setup. Converting to tubular components and modernizing suspension/brakes doesn't necessarily make it a track build. It's never going to be a daily, so making it look stock while it rips like a go kart would be pretty fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
wheels, adjustable control arms, new bushings all around, NICE set of coilovers, an exhaust and thats it! just get rid of the god awful truck ride height and drive it around... keep it nice, clean and simple! dont touch the motor! leave it 100% smoggable

MAYBE a set of Navan skirts and valances PROPERLY painted! and thats just to help get the body to match the front lip.
Pretty much what I was thinking, definitely would use all nice parts, I'm not throwing $500 ebay coils on anything :-). Exhaust wise I'd probably keep it pretty quiet. Would likely keep stock exhaust if not adding more power. I'm still researching wheels, I want something fairly elegant and tame if I do mod the car. Like you'd believe me if I tried to convince you they were OEM if you didn't know anything about 240s. So no fake bead locks, chrome. Thinking 17s or 18s max. Any thoughts on throwing a turbo on the KA? I'd be more than happy with 250whp+ for a car like this. Been reading about ISIS and Tomei manifolds for the KA.

Will also read up on those Navan skirts. Any paint I'd do would be at a high end shop I use here in Houston and I'd probably consider re-spraying the entire car if I was going to do any aero. The paint isn't clean enough for me to live with, if I'm going to mod it I may as well make it super clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroberson77 View Post
Wheels and coilovers, maybe some legit skirts and lip, take lots of pictures for instagram?
Yep been doing that , fun to post the 240. Someone actually got a photo of me driving it with one of my business partners to our office the other day. We live in the same neighborhood and thought it would be fun to give it a good shake down on the way to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Store it for a few years and buy something else you can afford to write off.
Pretty sure I'd get bored of seeing it and taking it out just to maintain it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio
put it in a temperature controlled garage and let it chill for like 15-20 years then cash out for nice profit.
My garage is actually temperature controlled so that's kind of the current situation. My question is; Do you really think it will be worth significantly more in 15-20 years? It's not the most famous of Nissans. Don't get me wrong I love it and all, just I'm trying to be realistic. Would suck to hold it for 15-20 years and have it gain a whopping $5-10K in value when I could have had fun with it. It'd be like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy.

There would have to be some significant upside. I suppose if Nissan wanted to bring the 240 model back, but even then that's no guarantee it will cause a huge premium for the old model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So
Wouldn’t be super opposed to the wheels and suspension thing if you keep the stock stuff of course, but personally I’d feel bad/awkward putting miles on this
Would definitely keep the stock stuff and wouldn't feel right about doing any permanent modifications (i.e. cutting/welding anything up). I don't have enough time to put a lot of miles on this car anyway, but I definitely plan to drive it a little. Probably somewhere under 1,000 miles a year.
dmitrysgarage is offline   Reply With Quote