View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #251
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Welp, once again things got a bit out of hand with the Skyline. We decided to clean up the engine bay with some small stuff and so far I've removed compress housing, intake manifold, valve covers, timing belt cover, few wires, intercooler piping, water necks, wiring harness, catch can, air filter, overflow tank, windshield washer tank and other small bits...

The orange color had to go. I am going with this boring "black and polished" theme on this one for now. Turbo housing, plenum and piping will be black and valve covers etc.. polished. I hope it will look good for now. Once the engine is being built and removed from the engine bay I'll do this properly. I don't have time or interest to start relocating fusebox or start cutting and welding the engine bay I decided to go with the easy way. Hide it. Just fucking hide those hideous things. Aluminium, grinding and some bending we made these cover panels. Front edges of them will be left under the "cooling panel" that still needs to be bought.

Relocating boost controller, fuel pressure regulator etc.. small stuff under those panels will be giving the bay somewhat cleaner look. I hope.

When I bought it:

Where we are now:

Aaaaand as you know me, I love the styling of early 2000's.. Friend of mine sent me a message "Hey dude, I have few sets of early 2000's OG NEON underglow sets, I could sell you one of them". Well fuck yes dude!! I recieved them few days ago and installed them just few hours ago. They're so so much brighter than the cheapo led stripes I used to have on my Soarer. I love them!! Oh, also received my vinyl cutter this week... You see where this is going?

Do you guys even give a shit of these project topics or is everything on instagram todays? I used to love read some good projects. I love how they're still alive on states. Finland is 100% dead on these.