View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #23
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by astonmartian View Post
S15 would be a great daily option. I’ve driven and ridden in a few. Loved how snappy response was. Wouldn’t argue that the same or similar spool PLUS big power could be achieved with a more modern turbo.

@deolio It would be a seemingly comparable power wise as current setup and definitely spool light years faster. Not sure id trade off the top end potential though ... I do like hanging out up there in the revs especially doing pulls on the highway [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spool is almost 100% dependent on turbine. Keep the turbine the same you are going to get the same (or very similar) spool no matter what sorts of billet compressor wheel you go to. Worse yet, an upgraded compressor wheel from tomei.

I agree with King; S15 turbo is junk and ass I mentioned before based off a 30 year old designed turbine wheel.

A 6758 will make 450 WHP easily and have spool characteristics which are MUCH improved on any GT2 series turbo of that era. And this doesn't even take into account boost recovery.........which almost nothing on the market (including the new GTX as the wheels are Inconel based and still almost twice as heavy than the equivalent Gamma ti EFR twheels) compares.

But yeah, it all cost money in the end lol so I feel your pain

However, it's either you do it right, or do it twice
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote