Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 01:04 PM   #665
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Once the VC was decreased and I had removed as much of the old RTV as possible, I drilled and tapped all 22 of the rivet holes for M5 x .8 screws. Forunately, I had a box of 100 of these damn screws from a purchase year's ago. Unfortunately, they were too long and had to be shortened up. Even 10mm long screws from the hardware would’ve been too long. So, I fabbed a little cutting block and knocked out 22 in roughly 5 minutes.

After the holes were tapped, I cleaned the VC again and wiped down all the surfaces fresh RTV was going to be applied too. Then I laid a nice bead around the edges and every screw hole to take advantage of the RTV squish and encapsulate the heads of the bolts to permanently secure them in place and prevent them from backing out. I also added a dab on each head and the baffle as extra security.

Here are the Radium fittings I didn’t have a photo of in my last post. Rear of the Tee is going to the block vent.

Last edited by jr_ss; 07-02-2022 at 10:08 PM..
jr_ss is offline   Reply With Quote