Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #10
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
So now that the bay is painted, I could start cleaning all the components that were going to find their way back into the bay... Here it is a few hours after bolting things in.

While the crossmember was out I bead blasted it and had it powdercoated gloss black, I think it turned out rad. I bought Nismo steering rack bushings and new inner and adj, outer tierods from SPL.

Adapter to convert my hardline to accept an AN fitting.

Instead of the traditional install from the top, I opted to hoist the car up and roll the motor/tranny underneath and lower the body on to the crossmember. This helped for two reasons, I didn't need an extra hand and it kept me from scratching the paint.

The motor is finally in and bolted up to the frame rails... I slapped the manifolds on just to get an idea.

Because of the limited clearance I have behind the head and my bulkhead, I had to use Mazworx CAS kit. It plugs the original hole on the back of the head and installs through the front of the head.

More to come, thanks for looking as always...