View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #66
tiggertsi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
tiggertsi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
I'm not saying the ONLY reason insurance premiums go up is because of the "free riders." I'm saying that since they do not have to pay for their medical bills at the ER, the hospital has to raise their costs or lose money (which they wouldn't do), so they pass it to the insurance companies, who either have to raise premium rates or lose money (which they wouldn't do), so then we, the insured, get fucked.

I think most of us will agree that the system we have now and the system we had before are seriously flawed. I like the idea of everyone having access to medical care if they need it.
again i think the effect you describe is nowhere near as close, particularly when combined with collection efforts and or lawsuits, or insignificant compared to why the cost goes higher through straight corruption and exorbitant profiteering by the healthcare and healthcare insurance industry. drug companies are a good example, but it also applies to insurance companies and medical device companies and boards of chairmen overseeing hospitals just to name a few.