View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 06:10 AM   #1263
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
COngrats and welcome! Those look like two beasts.... Two things i always do now to prevent big issues.

Upgrade brake fluid and lines. Fluid Motul RBF600 and steel lines for sure. Helps a lot.

Pads are expensive, but you can swap them in and out after events. I love cobalt pads really and lot of confidence and no fade.

Also check all your hoses. If anything is older than 5 years, change them. One pin hole leak = blown engine.... Trust me I know :'(

But so jealous other people can run R chassis' on the street. Stupid california...
Thanks for the welcome!

Before my last track day I flushed the system with the highest temp brake fluid I could find at my local Canadian Tire store which worked fine for how hard I was pushing the car. Ill pick up some Motul fluid over the winter.

My car suffered an engine loss due to a cracked coolant hose (under the intake manifold) back in 2011. Got the car back together after a long hiatus in 2016 and made sure I replaced EVERY line and hose (brake lines included). So in theory we should have a good solid platform to learn with.

But now its snowing so we wait....

-Jordie