View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 05:30 PM   #54
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Thought I might give a bit of a run down on how I got the car running for last Matsuri, and a few of the parts that I threw at the car. It was such a rush job that I didn't photograph everything, opting to get it done as quick as possible.

New Nismo Thermostat to replace the factory SR one. Cleaned up the faces and resealed.

Got the Greddy Intake Mani, Sard Rail and Xspurt Injectors all mounted up. Used the cut-down titanium hardware to mount the Mani, had to use what was at hand to mount the adapter plate. Have since used a stainless capscrew where the gold bolt is. Still need to fab up a new bracket that will fit at the bottom to make it pretty.

Before throwing the engine in the car, I decided to try and pretty up the bay. Didn't work that well as you'll see later on.

Wheeled the car outside and hit the bay with a gurney.

Cut out a bunch of old sheet that had been weld to try and cover the dodgy intercooler pipe holes.

Bent some to the right shape, cut some other bits to size.

Weld it all up, and started smoothing some bits. There was a heap of corrosion beginning to show under the paint on the strut towers, rad support and other places. Sand it all back, used rust converter where necessary and paint the bay with rattle-packs. I do plan on getting it redone properly at some point, but again, this was a super rush job and needed doing there and then.

I'll probably have to get more photos at some point to show it, but the paint didn't dry. At all. It's still 'wet'. The cans that I used mustn't have had enough/any hardener. I paint it once and went out of town again for work. Came back home and tried to give it a second coat that immediately wrinkled. I was fuming.