View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #1238
gills
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
gills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the roughgills is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
How much is that material and where do you get it from?

I really hate plywood cause I tried 1/2 inch and I still got flex... Need like 3/4? is what people usually say, but that is so heavy.....

any help would be appreciated to source this.
3/4" plywood is crazy. I've seen many people getting away with 1/2" birch plywood. I'd go over your mounting provisions and make sure everything is properly supported.

I've also heard great things about alumilite composite panel and probably what I'll go with. There's also stuff that's called Dibond that's similar, but it's not a strong as per anecdotal chatter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882
]It's made out of aluminum composite material (similar to alumalite it goes back to front subframe) with minor flex (flex at 140+ mph). i damaged it at the track so I'm doing a new one with custom apr carbon piece. I would recommend plywood if you are on a budget.
What thickness did you use for that alumalite stuff? 3/8"?

Are you using an existing APR piece from another make/model or are you actually having them make one for you?