View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 12:47 PM   #1
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Another S13 Ignition/ Starter Thread

Ok, I've searched around and found some things to point me in the right direction, but now need some advice a little bit more specific to what I'm finding. All things electrical are my nemesis.

My car's been having trouble (S13, Automatic to Manual Conversion, LS2/T56 Swap) starting primarily on hot days. Looked under the dash and sure enough, I've got a melted wire in the 3 spot of the connector on the car side of the ignition harness. I wired in some new wire thinking I'd be good to go, but no luck.

So I went through and started testing for continuity. All wires on the ignition switch side of the harness had continuity. On the car side, wires 2,3, and 4 have continuity both to ground and to each other, but wires 1 (white wire) and 5 (black/yellow, which goes to the starter) do not have continuity to either ground or any other wire in the harness. No ignition related fuses are blown. When I turn the key, I hear the click of the relay most times but not all.

Sorry if this thread is a waste of time, but I'm not really sure where to move onto next from here.
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links