View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #20
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
so height adjustment is only available through drooping?
I believe due to the design of the housings, even putting the spring perch at its highest setting still results in lowering the car an inch or so. That's according to some S13 guys like McCoy. Don't know its effect on the s14.

Veilside180sx said i shouldn't have any problems matching my currrent ride height (car at top of the tire level, maybe a shade below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
what did the total pricing come out to??

and how low do these go compared to something like stance
Total price? You can shop around for camber plates and maybe get some used ones or a different brand (ebay?).

$1000 for Konis on all 4 corners
$750 for housings
$400 for GC + eibachs
$75 for vorshlag tophats in front
$325 for Teins
$28 for the torrington bearings ($8x2 + $3x4)
random shit like the brass bearings were only a few bucks

$2478 total the way I did it

You can knock off $200 if you go with 8610's in front instead of 8611. Take off another $47 if you skip the vorshlags and use regular torrington bearings in front. Used camber plates would probably halve what I spent on the new Teins, but surprisingly no one had any used ones when i was looking. One of those cases where they're only available when u don't need it.

If somehow you score used GC's u can shave off more.

I'll make a few hundred back selling my old Apexi's, they're still good.

Admittedly if you were in the market for Megans or D2 or whateve these are double the price. . . but these are better than any of the $2000ish JDM coilovers.

I think a year ago or so Koni jacked up their prices quite a bit. I might have seen 8611's for around $200 somewhere before . . . but thats long gone.