View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 09:53 AM   #37
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
A step closer.

Got the right side rebuilt.

Guess ill do a basic write up on this if any one is interested.

Get your supplies

and your axle

I normally cut off the boots to make it easier since they a F'd anyway and get them out of the way for disassembling.

This ones kinda worrisome, never seen indentations from the tripods before so this sides taken a smack from something.... so ill be using a spare spindle I have laying around.

next knock off the other side by hitting the inner cage with a hammer. Normally I clamp this in a vise but dont have one...

So tap "strongly" right here

and it will come off like this

Then you need to clean out the cage and bearings. If its a recent tear in the boot you might be ok to not have to clean the whole thing out. But mines been broke for god knows how long.

To remove the bearings press the cage until the bearings become exposed

Then pop out the bearings

Unfortunately the cage will not some out so you need to clean it as best as you can.

ATTENTION!: when you regrease and asemble make sure the cage look like this. Inner cage with tapered end up, and the out cage
thin side up. The other side of the outer cage has a thicker top/side

clean the bearings

Once you got it all cleaned up, pack that shit with grease.

They only sell slpit boots here and there are no more OEM Boots in Nissan. I actually bought the last inside boot from Nissan inventory lol

So I like to glue mine before installing cuz I like it that way.

So once the glue somewhat sets assemble the boot and clamp them down.

BUT! I did it the hard way for the other side cuz I had to use a different diff spline.

Before assembling the outer boot install the inner boot, or you'll have to remove the tripod bearing witch is kinda a PITA without a vise.

So after getting the axles installed I took it for a test drive. and noticed after a hard brake the pedal kept dropping while i held it. Got out and checked the front brakes to see the brakes were leaking.... could have crashed or some shit.

Ripped off the wheels to see this ghettoness....

Suppose to be flared fittings, but the PO decided to use what I guess are S13 lines and used Banjo bolts but didnt cut them short enough so it was bottoming out and not sealing all the way.

So as a temp fix til I can get the correct hardlines to install the GTR brakes and Nismo Braided lines.

I shaved the bolt down an bit more and made a flare to help clear the internal flare a bit more.

It worked....
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 07-05-2015 at 09:06 PM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote