View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #104
Kzoodan

Trader Rating: (0)
Kzoodan is an unknown quantity at this point
So today i worked on oil outlet from the t28 turbo. the first pic is of the new oil return (straight up and down) Vs. the old oil return (the crapper 45 degree one). Its hard to tell from the pics but the person who tried to make this fit really messed this up, not only does it look like crap the entire inside is full of weld and really restrict oil flow!!! The new oil return i used was from a mid 90's saab with a t25 turbo. This oil return looked almost identical to the original (except the 45 degree and crappy weld) all i had to do was drill out the holes a tad, the stock nuts on the saab were 10mm and new ones for the t28 were 12mm (not to much bigger) after putting the new oil return on i see why they chose to use a 45 degree angle, it fits perfectly to the block. After drilling the new holes i sanded down the ruff edges on the new oil return. However with the one i chose using heater hoes it wanted to buckle in the middle (there had to a 90 degree from the oil return to block). This is where the next picture comes into play, i found the 90 degree brass elbow at lows ($2.50ish). Now with this new setup it looked easy but i now i the everyone once and awhile a clamp would touch the steer column knuckle (this is not alright) had to play with the hose sizes a bit but got it work! Put everything back together and started it, oil still was dripping (WTF?!?!?) Let the engine cool down again and began diagnosing the problem, it seems when i was putting the turbo back in last week i put new crush washers on all the banjo bolts but never tightened down the oil inlet (not a banjo bolt on turbo). So not wanting to take my full turbo setup off again just to spend 5 minutes tightening down the inlet. I was able to use a crows foot (12mm) and about 18" extension to get it to tighten down! Oh forgot to mention love have enough space to stand between my radiator and belts!
Well i tried to get pics up, where the best place to uploaded so i can put them on the website?
thanks
Dan
Kzoodan is offline   Reply With Quote