View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 06:32 AM   #94
Esserz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Esserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the roughEsserz is a jewel in the rough
Got a lot done this past weekend!

First I swapped out to the newer style 99 spec taillights. They do give it a more modern look, and are more suited to the typical RX-7 jdm look. They are also brighter.

I then adjusted ride height to about where I wanted it and went in for an alignment, made such a huge difference in the way it drives. I had attempted to align in my garage with tape measure but I can only get it so close. Once it was on the rack we could see the rear thrust was completely off. It got dialed in, and now it drives like a whole new car!

I did some driving and test hits and it sure does hook up much better. Still need to roll on the throttle in second, but third is fairly solid now. I ran into an issue with my fuel gauge reading funky. It would bounce to full every now and then, and after some troubleshooting I was able to narrow it down to the sending unit in the tank. I bought a replacement float and resister unit and swapped it in

It did the trick.

I brought the car out to its first car show as well, parked next to a buddy in his MKIV Supra. The car got a lot of attention. Although the FD gets dwarfed by the Supra ha, it's small size really shows.

All in all it was a successful weekend and it felt great driving to and from the car show, car is getting so close to getting all the minor bugs worked out. Engine now has about 200 miles on it, and is on its second oil change of break in oil.