View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #1
jpy97gg
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jpy97gg is an unknown quantity at this point
Car Randomly Dying

Hey guys, I have a 92 240sx with a rebuilt KA24DE. Just started driving out of my neighborhood and waited at a stop light for my turn. My car is idling perfectly fine, just stopped and waiting for the light to turn green and my car just shuts off. It died out of nowhere and I don't know why. I tried starting the it multiple times but nothing would happened. It would prime and crank but would not start. I turned the key while giving it some gas but nothing happened. I waited for 5 minutes or so and tried again, and luckily it started right up. This happened about a week or so ago, but I had the A/C on. I was driving on the freeway and right when i was about to exit, the car slowly started to die. The engine was on but i had no throttle response. I could downshift etc but I couldn't move. Again, I tried to turn the key and it cranked but it did not start. I waited few minutes and then it started right back up. Not sure what the problem is... I was thinking maybe the fuel pump is dying ? Or could be some electrical thing ? If you guys know anything about this, please let me know. Thank you.
jpy97gg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links