View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
DDonovan
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DDonovan is an unknown quantity at this point
Poker Run Update:

I will have to cap registration this year at 100 cars. Reason being that I just won't be able to logistically get more cars through the checkpoint and up to Mt Washington in time for dinner. The Checkpoint BBQ may also be a problem. I will probably be sending cars out in two groups. There will be gathering spots along the route where we can get back together, but most checkpoints are not going to be able to handle 100 cars, so we may have to hit them as groups as well. That will all be worked out as we get closer to the event day.

So far 64 cars have registered representing 111 people. Please get your registrations in to reserve a spot. The participation list will go like this, fully paid registrations have a reserved spot. People that have paid the pre-registration and have made arrangements with me to pay the full amount, will have a reserved spot. People that have paid only the pre-registration fee will have until August 3rd to pay me the remainder owning. People that have not paid the pre-registration fee must either pay the pre-registration fee or pay the full entrance fee by August 3rd to reserve their spot. Hope that makes sense. Anyone that has offered to pay the pre-registration fee and has yet to contact me, please do as I don't want anyone to lose a spot. Not sure we will reach 100 but it looks like we might. If we don't, all is good. Also if we reach 100 cars, the cash prize will definitely be increased.

Right now we are looking at $500.00 for best poker hand (poker hands are made using the best 5 cards out of the 7 that you will receive, so yes, 5 of a kind is completely possible), 300 for second best hand, and 200 for third. If you have a really crappy hand, put that on the envelope and we will be giving out a free ticket to the 6th Annual Vancouver Island Poker Run.

Check out the Face Book Event Page for more information:
https://www.facebook.com/events/292997577521682/
DDonovan is offline   Reply With Quote