View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 11:15 PM   #41
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Didnt know about their build until now, that looks like it'll be a really fun setup.
Im familiar (somewhat) with the kmiata adapter kits as Tommy Farrell (Tommyfyeah on yt) used one not too long ago. Seems to be a bit of a different style from the abc/pmc kits but still very cool nonetheless.

Looking at the speed academy build, Im seeing some extremely useful photos. Firstly, they have no issues with the trans tunnel fitment. (note, this is an s14 with a k24 swap, but still useful to see for our purposes here) Their custom transmission mount is, in essence, a lightly modified oem crossmember. Im hoping I can do something very similar, utilizing the stock xmember with solid mounts turned on a lathe rather than the rubber they're using. Solid trans mounts are also a very good idea with a chassis mount shifter, again what Ill be using in my build.

This gives me still more hope for how easy this could end up being moving forward. Looks like most of the big question marks from my original post speculating this swap a year ago have been answered with very simple solutions. Hopefully all goes as well as it looks like it should!
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote