View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #18
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spools420a is a well-known jackass
Update:
I tightened the bar to the wastegate to keep gate tension higher/changed cracked coil packs/changed out the 15yo walbro pump/replaced fuel lines and the car no longer has the bucking issue that seemed like a rev limit under boost and I can now floor the engine to redline BUT as stated earlier I have a fuel pressure issue and while under boost I was getting around 10.5 afr and would begin to slightly break up.

So the good news in all this is we only have to fix this riich condition and the car should be good to go.Fuel pressure reading are all over the place,I used two seperate guages to be sure it wasnt instrument malfunction.

Today when testing fuel pressure I was seeing 50+ psi at idle then I tried another fuel guage and that one read 43psi at idle,so I went back to the original guage to confirm and now that guage reads 43 psi at idle.so the fuel pressure is just all over the place.
Thenwhen snapping the throttle real fast the fuel pressure would jump to 53 psi.

Since I replaced the fuel pump and lines its looking like a fuel pressure regulator issue is my guess.

Now I do have a $25 dollar ebay 1:1 ratio adjustable fuel pressure regulator but I dont know how I feel about using low quality parts for fueling system,with this being said I also dont beleive my new fuel pump is a real walbro,it has all the metal stampings of walbro but its just too light compared to the old one so I think Im going to buy one directlly from walbro themselves.

Please let me know your thoughts on the fuel pressure issue because Ive never seen a fpr on sr20det fail before but really what else could it be?
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote