View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
zerobeeeeeatz

Trader Rating: (0)
zerobeeeeeatz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
well, this forum is an excellent resource, just don't expect people to spoon feed you info. it is all readily available, YOU are required to do the research though.
yeah man, I've gone through a lot of research about the car this past week lol. the thing is most of the people talking were super experienced and I was really lost and it was pretty hard to follow what they were talking about.

I've got most of the basics down, I'm not trying to get into any serious racing/drifting, but I guess this will become a hobby for me.

I just listed the things I wasn't sure about like I said earlier:
  • range of how much the car would cost (I've seen a lot of em go from 3k-7k but most had something dumb wrong with them like no AC or something which is why I'm trying to look into how much one in good condition would cost)
  • dumb things not to do while driving an SR20
  • basic maintenance needs that are different from a stock engine

One specific thing I'm confused about is maintenance for an SR20, since it's not exactly a stock engine I was told that I can't really bring it to Nissan to get it maintained. I'm not sure if this is true or not, I'm guessing they can do basic maintenance like oil change but I'd have to buy my own oil. I was wondering if the same would apply for the other parts, if I just bought the other parts would they be able to install them for me?